The 2015 Alice Award
September 30, 2015
Join us on September 30, 2015 to celebrate Senator Patty Murray and Senator Lisa Murkowski!
Each year we pay tribute to a distinguished woman who has made an outstanding contribution in breaking barriers and setting new precedents for women. Named for Alice Paul – suffragist, human rights activist and founder of the National Woman’s Party – the Alice Award is presented to a trailblazer each year at the Sewall-Belmont House & Museum’s luncheon.
The 2015 Alice Award will feature the Voice for Women Award presented to Sheila Johnson.
The Sewall-Belmont House & Museum established the Voice for Women Award to recognize those who continue to publicly champion issues affecting the lives of women.
For more information on registration, please contact Demi Meeker.
Past recipients of the Alice Award include:
- 2014 – Senator Barbara Mikulski
- 2013 – Senators Susan Collins & Kirsten Gillibrand
- 2012 – Laura Bush
- 2011 – Senators Dianne Feinstein & Olympia J. Snowe
- 2010 – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- 2009 – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- 2008 – Katie Couric
- 2007 – Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison & Mary Landrieu
- 2006 – Cokie Roberts, Susan Stamberg, Nina Totenberg & Linda Wertheimer
- 2005 – Tipper Gore
- 2004 – Billie Jean King
- 2003 – Evelyn H. Lauder