The Alice Award
On Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, we celebrated Dr. Janet L. Yellen, former Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Each year we pay tribute to a distinguished woman who has made an outstanding contribution in breaking barriers and setting new precedents for women. Named for Alice Paul – suffragist, human rights activist and founder of the National Woman’s Party – the Alice Award is presented to a trailblazer each year at the National Woman’s Party’s luncheon.
In 2018, the NWP also honored Senator Amy Klobuchar, Senator Joni Ernst, and Congresswoman Jackie Speier with the Voice for Women Award for their outstanding leadership in pursuing institutional reforms in Congress related to discrimination and harassment.
Past recipients of the Alice Award include:
- 2017 – Elaine L. Chao, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- 2016 – Senator Barbara Boxer & Senator Shelley Moore Capito
- 2015 – Senator Patty Murray & Senator Lisa Murkowski
- 2014 – Senator Barbara Mikulski
- 2013 – Senator Susan Collins & Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- 2012 – Mrs. Laura W. Bush
- 2011 – Senator Dianne Feinstein & Senator Olympia J. Snowe
- 2010 – Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
- 2009 – Hillary Clinton, U.S. Secretary of State
- 2008 – Katie Couric
- 2007 – Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison & Senator Mary Landrieu
- 2006 – Cokie Roberts, Susan Stamberg, Nina Totenberg & Linda Wertheimer
- 2005 – Tipper Gore
- 2004 – Billie Jean King
- 2003 – Evelyn H. Lauder
For information, please contact Susan O’Neill at 301-320-8232 or NationalWomansParty@ONeillEvent.com.