The Alice Award
On Thursday, September 14th, 2017, we will celebrate The Honorable Elaine L. Chao, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
Each year we pay tribute to a distinguished woman who has made an outstanding contribution in breaking barriers and setting new precedents for women. Named for Alice Paul – suffragist, human rights activist and founder of the National Woman’s Party – the Alice Award is presented to a trailblazer each year at the National Woman’s Party’s luncheon.
This year, the NWP will also honor Senator Tammy Baldwin for her outstanding leadership in support of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial Commission Act, calling for the 2020 celebration of the Centennial of the 19th Amendment, a milestone of democracy, voting rights, and equal rights.
Past recipients of the Alice Award include:
- 2016 – Senator Barbara Boxer & Senator Shelley Moore Capito
- 2015 – Senator Patty Murray & Senator Lisa Murkowski
- 2014 – Senator Barbara Mikulski
- 2013 – Senators Susan Collins & Kirsten Gillibrand
- 2012 – Laura Bush
- 2011 – Senators Dianne Feinstein & Olympia J. Snowe
- 2010 – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- 2009 – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- 2008 – Katie Couric
- 2007 – Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison & Mary Landrieu
- 2006 – Cokie Roberts, Susan Stamberg, Nina Totenberg & Linda Wertheimer
- 2005 – Tipper Gore
- 2004 – Billie Jean King
- 2003 – Evelyn H. Lauder
For information on registration, please contact Susan O’Neill at 301-320-8232 or NationalWomansParty@ONeillEvent.com.